Friday, May 1, 2009

Checklist

  • Have twenty-three four-ounce fantastic looking bread puddings in my tiny refrigerator right now, midway through their three-hour cooling process. My Challah seemed to work just right, at least visually.
  • Hired one of D.J.'s young tween sitters, Alexandria, to make the Jenny's Bread Pudding logo. Was supposed to arrive before today's delivery, but has been postponed until next week.
  • Wrote up my first invoice, though wonder whether or not I should've put C.O.D. on the thing.
  • Emailed my Bread Pudding update to a growing distribution list, and called a few others. I quickly shut down the personal updates, though, when the two brothers at one of my corner delis had no idea what I was talking about, and apparently don't even like bread pudding.
  • Figured out who bought at least half of last week's order, so that's actually making me kind of nervous they won't sell out as quickly this time 'round. (Visualization exercise for myself, and/or anyone else who's into it: They sell out. Quickly. With lots of compliments. Maybe someone even inquires about a private, separate, larger order. Some very cute man enjoys his pudding, and asks to meet the baker, Jenny. Oh, and I get a call from that editor-turned-agent regarding her strong interest and excitement in my blog/book, which she agrees should be called Bread Pudding.)
  • Created my mise en place for tomorrow's class assignment (B.Y.O.Dessert) for International Day. I don't feel very international these days, so I've opted for...Grandma Piggyback's Brownie Pie (http://theirreverentfamilycookbook.blogspot.com/2009/02/grandma-piggybacks-brownie-pie.html). It's not the most professional looking item, but it is freaking great, so that's that. Maybe I'll dust it with confectioner's sugar. I'd also bring vanilla ice cream if the taste tests weren't going to be first thing in the a.m.
  • Wrote off the recent series of unsatisfying phone calls with my Italian ex. Sadly.
  • Asked for a two-day extension on my latest vampyre copy edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment